Saturday 30 September, 10am – 12pm
You and your family are warmly invited to our next Open Morning on Saturday 30 September from 10am – 12pm, providing a wonderful opportunity to experience The Maynard way of life. Meet the Headmistress, our teachers and pupils, enjoy a tour of the campus and see for yourselves the friendly learning environment that is the Maynard School.
The morning will be fully interactive, with visitors able to join with all the exciting sessions going on! Some of the confirmed activities are:
- The STEM Den
- Science Fair
- Forest School
- D of E
- Jazz Band
- Creating your own pop tracks
- Drama performances
- Interactive activities in the Junior School and Pre-Prep
- Tennis, Netball, Basketball & Badminton
- Fun with Shapes in Maths
- Exploring the Ancient World with the Classics department
- RS Graffiti Wall of Wisdom
This is a whole-school event, and includes our Pre-Prep (Reception – Year 2), Junior School (Years 3-6), Senior School (Years 7-11) and Sixth Form.
All ages are welcome!
The Maynard School #MadeForGirls
- Top Independent School in Devon in key areas of the Department for Education’s Performance tables
- Outstanding A-level results 2017 – 100% pass rate, 64% A* & A, 83% A*, A & B
- Excellent GCSE results 2017 – 41% A*, 69% A* & A; 18% Grade 9, 65% Grades 7 – 9 in new format GCSEs
- Maynard Awards available for talented students offering significant fee discounts
- 5 free places available into our Sixth Form
- Bus routes to Honiton, Exmouth, Torquay, Okehampton and Newton Abbot
- Girls ‘get better GCSE results in all-girls schools’*
- New Music & Performing Arts Centre launching in September 2017
- Numerous county, regional and England internationals across a broad spectrum of sport
- Where “pastoral care is excellent and pupils’ behaviour is exemplary”**
* Research by education data analysts SchoolDash, 2016. ** ISI report, February 2016
“We chose the Maynard for Lula because it was important to us that she felt nurtured and part of a community. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff who treat each child as unique and care for them and their individual needs in an exceptional way.
We could not have chosen any better for our daughter and feel that she is in the best possible hands. She has thrived in her first year, gaining confidence, friends for life and a great sense of self worth which she will carry with her throughout her life.
We cannot thank you enough.”
Mrs Dunkley, Year 1 Parent
For more information or to confirm your attendance, please contact us on 01392 355998 or [email protected] or complete the form below.