Following the inspection in February 2016 we are thrilled to have achieved “excellent” (the highest possible grade) in all five main categories by the Independent Schools Inspectorate, the Ofsted equivalent for independent schools.
In summary, the ISI report found that:
“The school is highly successful in meeting its aims. Pupils have a very mature approach to their learning and apply their excellent knowledge, understanding and skills in a confident and effective manner. They make excellent progress as a result of the excellent teaching that they receive. An excellent, broad and balanced curriculum supports fully the pupils’ very positive attitudes to their learning.
“Both parents and pupils responding to the pre-inspection questionnaire expressed a very strong endorsement of the school and its values.”
- Pupils make excellent progress as a result of the excellent teaching that they receive.
- The quality of pupils’ achievements and learning is excellent.
- Pupils’ personal development is excellent and a strength of the school.
- Pupils’ social awareness is outstanding.
- The quality of pastoral care is excellent and pupils’ behaviour is exemplary.
- The school promotes excellent links with the parents.
- The contribution of curricular and extra-curricular provision is excellent.
- The contribution of teaching is excellent.
- The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils is excellent.
“The Maynard School is riding the crest of a wave and the ISI report findings are testament to everything that we are so successfully achieving in the classroom, on the sporting field and in all areas of extra-curricular activity,” said Headmistress, Bee Hughes.