A-level Results

A-level 2021

  • Top Independent School in the South West and 60th nationally in The Telegraph’s A-level League Tables (August 2019)
  • 78.8% of all grades were A*- A
  • The Department of Education’s best independent school for Facilitating Subjects (the ones most commonly required for entry to leading universities) in the South West
  • Officially ‘above average’ for value-added at A-level (DofE Performance Tables 2019), proving we can markedly improve predicted grades
  • Well over 80% of students obtain offers each year to Russell Group universities

Across the board, the Maynard students are pursuing a huge range of options at degree level with an almost perfect 50/50 split between Arts and STEM subjects – from English, History, PPE and International Relations to Mathematics, Economics, Architecture, Medicine, Physics and Engineering. It is especially pleasing to see such a strong representation of 50% entering the STEM subjects and in particular engineering fields, where nationally women only represent 19% of students. Destinations include Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Exeter, Bristol, Warwick and Durham amongst others.

One thing is certain: this has been another outstanding year for The Maynard School and its students who not only have an enviable record for their academic supremacy, but should also be applauded for their incredible extra-curricular achievements. The Maynard maintains a 100% pass rate for the sixth consecutive year with a record number of students choosing ‘caring careers’ such as medicine, veterinary, nursing, midwifery and physiotherapy.

Extended Project Qualification

The EPQ results for 2021 are extraordinary with 85% of students gaining an A* grade and the remaining 15% receiving an A. This research and study skill based qualification will give them excellent foundations for the independence of university study.

A full breakdown of our public examination results is available to download from the Parent Area of the website, or on request from the School Office.