Business Studies offers students the opportunity to study different types of businesses in different industries. It looks at why they exist, how they are set up and how they are run.
We will follow the AQA programme of study. Topics studied include:
- Business aims and objectives
- Cash flow and break-even analysis.
- Human Resource Management
- Sources of Finance
- Balance Sheets and Income Statements
- Decision making
- The role of stakeholders
- Ratio analysis
Business combines with any other arts or science subjects but in particular Maths, English, Economics and Psychology complement the subject well.
A Business Studies qualification is highly respected by universities and employers. A good grade in Business Studies A-level can enable you to go on study a range of subjects at university or go straight into the world of work.
The student of Business Studies will:
- Find the world of business and finance easier to understand and explain.
- Acquire strong skills of analysis and evaluation, especially when addressing business issues.
- Be able to find jobs more quickly and command higher starting salaries than many.
- Become familiar with Business English (particularly important for students from abroad).